Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Reflecting on last semester

In the first quarter my work was always done and everything was posted.... the second quarter on the other hand started to slip a little bit.. I wasn't finishing my work or posting what was done. I procrastinated a lot.

The quality of my work was somewhat decent in my opinion.. I did a lot of what I'd normally never do. It was quite interesting to do things I've never done before, I learned a lot of new ways to do things and think about things in a different perspective. When I did my projects, I never had 24 photos exactly for my index prints.. I honestly didn't feel like doing it, that showed laziness, and I'm really not proud of that. 

I wasn't taking photos all the time. The effort I put into the projects where we had to go out and shoot, I planned a lot to make sure I got a great image that fit what Mr. Klein wanted. If the shot was hard to get I either tried again or used another idea. I honestly love looking at other people's work, I don't really like looking at mine because I don't have a great outlook on myself so I'm self-conscious about what I do.. I love looking at other people's work because it allows me to think about what they were trying to capture and it gives me an opportunity to either get inspiration, or get into people's minds and see how their personality is like.. "A picture speaks 1,000 words."

I was on time to class everyday. I can't lie, I goofed off a little bit but I got my work done eventually. Some days, I didn't talk to anyone just to catch up on some work so I worked independently for many class periods. There were times where I just didn't do anything the whole class period.. I wasn't motivated enough. 

I honestly think that I could improve on a lot. I could work more on the projects and get them done the right way. I could definitely use Photoshop more often and do more work there.. I'm usually not that great with editing pictures and videos.... so I could really improve there. I for sure need a little more confidence in myself and in my work. I could use more compelling, interesting photos instead of bland, boring pictures. This semester, I hope I do a little better so I can get better grades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment